It’s a store filled with stuff people didn’t want anymore.
That definition is too simplified.
- They may have wanted it, but their need for money was stronger.
- They may have wanted it, but not enough to pay to ship it with them when they moved.
- They may have wanted it, but the memories attached to it were getting too painful.
They had a different emotion that won out.
And yet, we’ll find things there that will become meaningful to us.
- Because of the deal.
- Because it was just what we were looking for.
- Because of the story, we attach to it.
The work we put out into the world isn’t for everyone.
And usually, it’s not for someone forever.
Sometimes it will get passed down to others who will find a renewed value in it.