Why do people put their names on things?
It’s a rather brilliant way for organizations to raise funds. It taps into an individual’s desire to pursue a purpose.
Purpose broken down includes pieces of:
- We enjoy being able to point to things and say “I own that” (Read: the current NFT craze).
- Bragging rights. For small talk. Note: most things would be tough to casually work into a conversation.
- Permanence. This will never not be mine.
- I’m the type of person who is generous with my stuff.
- I’m the kind of person who can afford something like this.
- I’m bigger than the person standing before you. Monumental.
- I’ve contributed to something bigger than myself.
- What I’ve done will help others achieve more.
- My success adds to the success of others.