This post is the sign you have been looking for.
To finally dust off the ole’ LinkedIn profile and give it the boost it needs.
Let’s start with the basics:
- A good profile picture. Skip the selfie, opt for something a little more professional if you can.
- A cover/background photo. Choose something appropriate yet relevant to you, your brand, or your field.
- Create a good headline– not just your job title
- Craft a well-written summary. It helps to write this like a story of your professional life, make it fun, make it interesting!
Alright. Ready to take it up a notch?
- Follow 3 to 5 people relevant to your field.
- Endorse 3 people you know for skills you’ve witnessed and include a comment about it. It says more about both of you when you endorse someone for a skill you have personally seen. An example would be for skills you have witnessed while working on the same project together.
- Find your voice– what do you want your profile and the content you put out to say about you?
YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE SHOULD COMMUNICATE A CLEAR MESSAGE ABOUT WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU DO, AND WHAT YOU DO WELL.
There are many features you can utilize to shape this message.
For example, if you have a ton of endorsements for Microsoft Office, you can hide the duplicates and keep the one that looks the best.
Another big part of LinkedIn is sharing content.
Try sharing posts and writing posts that are relevant to your field of expertise.
By doing this, you’ll be adding value to the feeds of your followers and become known as a thought leader.
This isn’t meant to be a comprehensive list.
This post is meant to help get you back on track and moving in the right direction.
Keep at it and you’ll be a LinkedIn pro in no time.